Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blackjack Pershing



Dogs are very special to me. Growing up, my family always had a dog. When I was in 4th grade, I got a dog of my own. She lived 17 years and was a great companion. Many times she was the friend I went to when no one was there. Since then I have had other dogs, infact we now have 5 dogs here at the farm.


But Blackjack is one of those special dogs that understands with just a look a world of unspoken emotion.

His mother was abandoned here at the farm and he was born under our barn one rainy May night. The diference of raising a puppy from birth is extroidinary. He and I have been great friends. Part of that great relationship is secure in knowing that I am leader and he is a forever member of my pack. His loyalty, intelligence and serious nature may come from his Border Collie heritage but I think a lot of what makes Blackjack Pershing a special dog is the bond forged from birth with this farm and those people who live here who love and respect dogs.

No comments: