Sunday, August 9, 2009

Finally! Hannah has a Sheltie!

At long last.......I have another Sheltie! Meet Lilly, AKA Lady Lilly. Here at Windsor Wool everyone is royalty. We got her in a rescue situation from a wonderful lady with the Central Kentucky Shetland Sheepdog Club. She is 9 weeks old now. We are all just in love with her! True to the Sheltie breed, she is so smart, loving and well......... just plain wonderful.

As many of you who know, my previous Sheltie, the beloved Princess. was a very important part of my life. I used to think it was Princess who was so special, but now that I have Lilly I know a lot of her "special-ness" was being a Shetland Sheepdog.

She has adjusted well to our crew. Or should I say THEY have adjusted well to her. Blackjack is the happiest because he has someone else to play with! Lilly loves to follow me around the house and sleep under my chair, help me do farm chores and best of all "help" move the sheep.

I used to jokingly say "God will bring me another Sheltie one day" well He did. He cares about our heart's desires and provides wonderful blessings, usually when we least expect it.

No comments: